Thursday, September 07, 2006

Cast me out of 'the realm of desparation'

Dear visitors of WriteClique.net,
I am writing to you in embarrassment and modest discomfort. I have found to my utter disappointment, that the “WriteClique Top 10” is quite vulnerable to abuse and misuse by egocentric wanna-be writers who crave to have their 15 seconds of fame by voting themselves into it. That is why it disturbs me to see three of my own pieces on the list. I feel uneasy about it because it casts a light of egocentricity and narcissism on my own personality – which I despise. I know it is a sad day when a person has to say this, but I would be most grateful to anyone who would be so kind as to vote me out of the Top 10.
Thank you ‘muchly’!

2 comments:

Atticus said...

I noticed that a lot of the great stuff I read on writeclique never feature on the top 10. How is the list created?

halwis said...

Halo Atticus! i think it's based on the rating system... that's how it is rigged - people rate themselves many times over. this can be prevented quite easily and i have no idea why they don't... maybe they do now, but i haven't been active on the site to notice. :-)