Monday, March 30, 2009

Renascence


Condensed exhilaration, originally uploaded by halwis.


I moved… away from the edge of a raucous highway to a quiet edge of suburbia… where I am welcomed home every day by a warm sunset that dissolves into a distant tree line and watch the stars awaking to a night undisturbed by city lights. (Note to self: get a decent telescope) There’s space to revel in the pleasure of soft grass under my feet and for my ears to recuperate in a therapeutic silence. The spine is also unwinding to its natural shape once again (and I should definitely get this embarrassing little pot-belly replaced with decent abdominal muscles). Life is improving at a noticeable pace again. I’ve just had a few very good weekends of dignified company, clean fun, a lot of laughter and exhilaration. The gods of photography has also been particularly kind. My heart is beating a pace… the days are still bright, even though the saffron tint of autumn is lurking to swoop across the landscape as the last fragments of summer are blown away in the cold southerly winds… maybe it’s time to take out the guitar again and resume my quest for the finest melody and still finer words…

2 comments:

Andreana said...

Beautiful imagery...I also long for those places where the soul can quieten and your muscles can relax. Sometimes what I want is suburbia, being a city dweller and all.

Hope you find the quietness of spirit you need to make your music!

Dinesha said...

Wonderful words Haren, even more wonderful thoughts...its good to hear that you are finding time to do the better things in life "again".... Dinesha